Job Description: Provide 7x24x365 Tier II technical support for customer's WAN and LAN networks. Position open for day shifts with ability to respond to out of hours events. Technicians will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and conducting Tier II repairs of the customer's networks. Current networks are multi-vendor. Certifications on Cisco and Juniper products a plus. Technicians must have good verbal and writing skills. Duties include but not limited to:
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Communicate with customers, engineers and management during trouble resolution or escalation.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Update database(s) and documentation as part of the repair effort.
- Develop procedures for troubleshooting, tracking, and reporting repair efforts.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including monitoring of hardware and network services throughout the projects.
- Communicate with Tier III engineers about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address system maintenance issues.
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for new technicians.
- Develop network-related documentation.
- Use network tools to monitor and analyze network operations.
- Perform basic logistics duties.
: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet IAT II 8570 Certification Requirements. Required Clearance:
Active TSSCI with Polygraph. Desired:
8570 Certification #LI-ME1
Associated topics: ccnp, c++, engineer, f#, information technology project manager, oracle, sysadmin, system, tcp, unit test