Coordinates, organizes and directs daily business operations and decisions about productivity.
All employees are expected to demonstrate core behaviors that help us provide the level of service that customers expect
1. Customer Focus
Keeps the customer in mind at all times, proactively identifying and addressing concerns and needs. Seeks to provide quality service in order to build customer loyalty.
2. Desire to Learn
Actively seeks to build or acquire new knowledge in order to improve and develop skills.
3. Interpersonal Effectiveness
Actively listens and communicates respectfully and effectively. Presents information in an engaging and understandable manner.
4. Detail Orientation
Completes tasks accurately, thoroughly and with an eye toward quality, and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
Assumes personal responsibility for all aspects of work: quality, timeliness and results; seeking to complete tasks with little oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Determines and addresses the customer's needs, problems, complaints, requests, questions, and deadlines in a business-like manner.
* Communicates the customer's needs to the service department to be diagnosed.
* Directs the service department in the diagnosing of the customer's needs through the appropriate products and services.
* Verifies with the service department that the appropriate services have been completed.
* Sells tires, automotive accessories, service repairs and preventative maintenance to satisfy customer's needs.
* Learns and maintains current product knowledge of all tires, service and other product lines that are represented, as well as, those of competitors.
* Accurately answers questions both over the phone and at the store location.
* Establishes a trusting relationship based on integrity and fairness with customers and demonstrates a sincere concern for them.
* Willingly provides superior customer service levels that exceed customer expectations while staying within company policies and guidelines.
* Listens effectively to understand and communicate in a business-like manner to both customers and employees all pertinent subject matter.
* Builds a loyal customer base.
* Prepares accurate estimates and billings for customers.
* Invoices customers using proper procedures for cash, charge, credit, employee, fleet and national accounts.
* Knows, understands, and performs tire & lube technician duties.
* Establishes priorities on a daily basis among competing requirements to insure that products and services are delivered to customers as promised.
* Coordinates, organizes and monitors daily activities in conjunction with the Service Manager.
* Learns and understands the performance business data and applies it fairly to daily operations and decisions in order to increase productivity.
* Effectively manages employee productivity, store expenses and inventory.
* Efficiently manages daily store operations including opening and closing procedures (i.e. bank deposits, building and vehicle security, etc.).
* Effectively trains, develops and motivates store personnel.
* Evaluates, encourages and disciplines employees in a fair and objective manner consistent with stated company policy and procedures.
* Handles customer complaints, employee conflicts and daily operational problems in an even-tempered, fair and consistent manner.
* Demonstrates reliability in all actions with customers and employees.
* Reaches established monthly goals.
* Learns and utilizes the transfer system.
* Performs and communicates wage and salary considerations to both MST and employees.
* Communicates questions, problems and results to MST in a timely manner.
* Seeks out and prepares for training opportunities both internally through the company and independently for professional development.
* Knows, follows, applies and communicates all current and newly written policies to subordinates.
* Delegate's authority by recognizing and utilizing the skills of others.
* Reports to other locations to fill-in for the manager, if required.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled within policy guidelines.
* Responds accurately and on time to all administrative and paperwork duties and deadlines including training, time records, invoices, evaluations, deposits, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform and enjoy each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Tire and Automotive, Sales and Customer Service, and retail automotive tire Branch Operations management.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY
Ability to add, sub tract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing for extended periods of time or all day. Frequently moves, lifts and sets up tire and product displays up to 50 lbs. Regularly bends and crouches to maneuver underneath the hood or undercarriage of a vehicle to point out problems/repairs to customers. Occasionally unloads deliveries up to 50 lbs. Occasionally puts parts/tires away on multi-level shelving up to 50 lbs. Pulls parts/tires up to 50 lbs. when necessary. Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate a cash register, keyboard, or telephone. Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate small hand tools necessary to performing the duties of the mechanic or technician role. Regularly speaks and listens on the phone and in person, to a customer and fellow employees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noised level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee regularly works extended hours and Saturdays. The employee is occasionally required to work Sundays and evenings. The employee regularly works an average of 52 hours per week, and may attend meetings after normal business hours. Travel between locations is often required.
* Acceptable driving record, in line with the stated Company Policy, and valid driver's license in the state in which they are employed with the Conrad Companies.
* A background check is required as a condition of employment.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Conrad's. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.