The Cleveland Indians are seeking positive and driven individuals that are committed to becoming high-performing sales development professionals with an interest in the sports and entertainment industry. This position is a year round part time programthat focuses on \"winning with the fan\" by providing best in class training and develop core skills to sell and service across our ticket sales products including; Season Tickets, Group Tickets and Suite Rentals. The intention of this program is to take collegeseniors and early career professionals with the talent and motivation to build deep and lasting business relationships with 'fans' and customers and provide those professionals an environment that develops their skills, knowledge, and experience so that theycan successfully grow as a Sales Professional. The Indians want to foster a 'promote from within' culture and build a deep pool of talented professionals that can support our goal of 'Winning the World Series.'
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate five core skills: 1) leadership, 2) collaboration, 3) perseverance 4) strong work ethic 5) the agility to adjust plans based on rapidly changing market conditions. Additionally, a high level of professionalism,competitiveness, initiative, positive attitude, and an eagerness to learn are a must. Individuals must also possess strong communication skills, comfort with cold calls as well as face to face interaction with potential customers.
The year round part time program will include sales functions in Seasons, Groups and Premium Suite Rentals.
Additionally, program participants will receive mentorship and coaching from a combination of experienced sales professionals (sales and service).
Participants will learn a broad range of sales development and general business skills including:
* Listening and asking probing questions
* Evaluate business opportunities
* Client prospecting
* Detailed selling processes
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Learn about our 'fans' and customers through active listening, probing questioning and consuming market research and other customer data
* Gain a mastery of the Indians full product portfolio including seasons, groups, premium and single game ticketing products
* Proactively sell both \"new\" plans across all product segments (Seasons, Groups, and Premium) for the Cleveland Indians via phone calls, prospecting, referrals, face-to-face appointments and in-ballpark appointments with a strong focus on relationship-basedsales and customer retention.
* Develop relationships, set face-to-face appointments (both externally and at Progressive Field) and show seats to potential customers across product segments with the objective of generating incremental revenue by \"selling and servicing\" customers of theCleveland Indians.
* Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals and other ticket sales initiatives (sales booths, in-house events and off-site community events).
* Contribute to our organization-wide efforts of better understanding our fans so that we can better serve them. This includes maintaining electronic records of all customers and prospects within our CRM and ticketing systems.
* Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
* Collaborate with key internal/external resources within the Ticket Sales department.
* Commit to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through regular meetings and role-play sessions. Attend all other sales department meetings and customer service events as assigned.
* Ability to consistently meet or exceed sales objectives
* Contribute positively to our organizational culture which is based on 9 values: respect, trust, empowerment, ownership, innovation, collaboration, integrity, excellence and empathy.
Requirements Approaching a Bachelor's degree (1 year or less away) or graduate with a desire to learn and achieve in a highly competitive sales environment.
* Coach-ability, teamwork, strong will to succeed with a positive attitude are a must.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays, and event nights.
* Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization.
* Ability to work in a diverse environment with multicultural populations and a commitment to fairness and equality.
* Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
* Ability to act according to the organizational values at all times.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
Thefollowing are trademarks or service marks of Major League Baseball entities andmay be used only with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. orthe relevant Major League Baseball entity: Major League, Major League Baseball,MLB, the silhouetted batter logo, World Series, National League, AmericanLeague, Division Series, League Championship Series, All-Star Game, and thenames, nicknames, logos, uniform designs, color combinations, and slogansdesignating the Major League Baseball clubs and entities, and their respectivemascots, events and exhibitions.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.